Monday, November 21, 2011

More Than Enough

“They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.”   ~ Romans 1:19-20 

Augustine asked two questions of the world:
"If there is no God, why is there so much good?"    
and...
"If there is a God, why is there so much evil?”

There are many people who spend a lifetime asking only the second question. Those of us who have faith and believe that God’s goodness is all around us, can sometimes get caught up in “accepting” God’s goodness, but “forget” that what He has bestowed into our lives, is not ours to “store up” but has been entrusted to us for sharing. 
Our abundant God gives us enough love, enough mercy, enough grace...all provided with a salting of enough beauty and enough wonder. Enough for a whole world to see and experience all these things. What would happen if we were to share these things God has given “enough” of? Would we not have enough love...enough good?

The answer to the second question is one that can be revealed in that the problem of evil in this world isn’t a problem at all of proving, “Is there a God?” The evil that is done in the world points out the problem is found in our own hearts...hearts that are turned inward to accommodate “self”. Amazingly... when we turn our heart outward... we in turn bear testimony to the loving existence of God! 

I just love how God reveals Himself through the world and people He created. He didn't have to, but He allows us to be a part of what this world craves to see and is questioning to know about Him. He lovingly chooses to allow His Son to be seen in us...His children. 
Thank you Father. All glory, honor and praise is Yours. You are more than enough....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.