Sunday, February 19, 2012

Faithful Love


When reading and studying God's Word, I will often look up the Scripture I am reading in different translations. This method has helped me greatly in grasping more clearly the heart of God as I pray for Him to, "Open my eyes that I may see the wonderful things in your law"(Psalms 119:18). As I read Hosea 6:6 this morning I felt that I had been invited in to see the heart of God as I clearly heard Him speak to my heart saying...
 I want faithful love 
      more than I want animal sacrifices. 
   I want people to know me 
      more than I want burnt offerings.” - Hosea 6:6 NCV (Italics mine)


I think we can all relate to having the desire for a “faithful love". Who doesn’t want that? I can not imagine even one person on this earth saying they would be content with a spouse, friend or family member who only promises to love them unfaithfully

I also feel certain each one of us has a great inner need to be known by those we love and who love us...an intimate kind of knowing that reveals our faithful love is accepted fully through their understanding of who we really are.

So,I do not find it all that strange for God who created us and is faithful always to love us, actually desires for us to give Him our faithful love in return. How revealing is the heart of God in just this one verse that was spoken to His prophet Hosea to proclaim. God wants to be known by me and all His people. Through our understanding of His love and faithfulness, we discover that just like us...God doesn't want a gift that camouflages unfaithfulness or words and deeds that deceive our true feelings. No... The One who created us gave us a heart like His...and our hearts know...you can't buy faithful love. 


Dear friends, we should love each other, because love comes from God. Everyone who loves has become God's child and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love to us: He sent his one and only Son into the world so that we could have life through him. This is what real love is: It is not our love for God; it is God's love for us. He sent his Son to die in our place to take away our sins. 1 John 4:7-10
Glory!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.