Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Too Soon...


“Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live.”  -John 14:1-3 The Message 


I recall saying to friends and family during Brad's first remission with cancer; "There will never be a good time for him to die. Even if he lives to the age of 90 and than dies, If I'm still alive, it will be too soon." 

I loved my husband Brad so much. I have to admit, I kind of thought of Brad as "mine" and even pleaded for God not to take him from me.
If we can love each other this much...how much more must God love us?  After all, we don’t really “belong” to each other...we belong to God. Amazingly, God shares us with each other, and is the One who gave us the hearts we have to love each other so deeply. 
The Lord not only shares us...He blesses us with some pretty special people to love and share our lives with here on earth too. Some of these special people are called my spouse, some are called my children. Others are called my family, and some are called my friend. We easily take possession of these special people by holding them tightly in our hearts with the deepest of affection and love.

"I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live.” 

You and I may believe it would have been a greater blessing for God to have allowed our loved ones to stay with us here on earth. To us, it seems too soon for them to be gone from our lives. Yet, in God’s perfect timing, they lived a full measure of time here on earth. At just the right time, our Father couldn't wait any longer for them to be with Him!
Thankfully God is compassionate and understands our feelings. When the time came for our hearts to become so closely acquainted with sorrow, His love compels Him to comfort and encourage us.
God’s Spirit reminds us He is anxiously waiting for our arrival too. As believers in Christ, when the time is right, we also will be with Jesus in Heaven!  When we die, it will likely seem “too soon” to those who love us as well.
I can only imagine God is right now anticipating that special day when He will see the look of wonder and amazement on our faces, the moment we arrive into His presence. 
As Jesus shows us around our new Heavenly home which God created for us to share with Him...it won’t seem too soon to us!  

In fact, I'm certain we'll know the time couldn't have been more perfect! 

Oh how He loves... Glory!
Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.