Tuesday, October 25, 2011

ONE Step at a Time

The testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:3 (NIV 1984)

Hardship...it sometimes destroys a spirit. But character can be strengthened in the crucible of suffering. Do you ask God to develop perseverance in you through each trial you face? I didn’t use to ask God for anything but relief! But I have learned through the most difficult trials in my life there is great value in asking God to develop in me perseverance so that when the next trial comes... I will be more fully prepared to know how to respond in it. Remembering God's strong arm of faithfulness will be all we will ever need to help us withstand any crisis. 
God’’s Word is my Guide... and it is good to remember that it is God who is leading me. So I have learned to banish my worries by adopting these words..."one step ~ enough for me.”  
God desire to lead you too. You might as well quit straining to know what tomorrow will hold since God doesn't give us a crystal ball to see into the future. His Word is like a lamp unto our feet and a light for our path, (Psalms 119:105). God's Word tells us we don't need to know what will happen tomorrow. Praise the Lord! I can leave tomorrows problems until tomorrow...so this gives me at least one less thing to persevere through today! 
I have been given today to walk one step at a time... unafraid because I’m walking on the lighted path with Jesus. 

God has many ways that He might use to achieve His ends, but His wisdom determined the best way to accomplish them. ~Samuel Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.