Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Victory is Yours...

    ...They will fight against you,
       but they will not defeat you,
    because I am with you.
    I will rescue you and save you," says the Lord.
~
Jeremiah 15:20b (NCV)
We’ve all been there. Life seems to be going along peacefully and your problems are small, when suddenly out of “nowhere” you are engaged in a battle! 
Like a peaceful nation that must defend it’s walls and enter into battle when attacked from it’s enemies, our peaceful lives are called to battle when we are attacked by life’s harsh realities. When our lives are touched by serious illnesses, broken relationships or financial worries...to name just a few...we must leave our “mountaintop retreat” and go down into the valley. The valley is a sandy battlefield where keeping a firm footing on the solid foundation of God’s promises will be necessary for our victory.
One of our most difficult struggles we will engaged in will be to resist the noise of the enemy’s taunts and seek the Lord’s voice instead. Thankfully, the Lord understands our weaknesses and weariness and He is faithful to lead us firmly to victory in the valley. Yet, how bittersweet the victories can be when the battle ends. 
Feeling tired but grateful for all God has done...the Lord gives us His strength for our victory journey up to the summit with Him. Gently He guides us to sit with him high above the trees and look out with Him to a breath-taking view of what He has created. While resting with God in this moment of peace and beauty, it seemed safe to ask him...”Why?” Feeling a bit bolder still, we may even make a heartfelt request, “Please Lord, no more tough battles...this last one was too hard”. 
 It is here in these intimate moments with God that the Lord has chosen to speak to our hears and imparts the godly wisdom we pray so often for.
“What is necessary will come.” he reveals, “There is nowhere you will ever go that I have not also been. My truth always wins...you are assured the victory.”
Ahh... the sacred summit. In a world of constant change...there is a place that we can find a permanence. That place is in the person of Jesus Christ.
This is why You are great, Lord GOD . There is no one like You, and there is no God besides You, as all we have heard confirms. 2 Samuel 7:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.