Monday, April 2, 2012

God's "I Will" Promises


"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written:
   “For your sake we face death all day long;
   we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” 
~ Romans 8:28-39 NIV

When I need a sign of encouragement for when life seems to have spun out of control... 
When I need a clearer view of God’s power...
or when I just need to know I am not alone and that I am loved... 



I always find just the encouragement and better understanding I need when I read Romans 8:28-39. 


Several years ago a favorite Bible teacher demonstrated how to take the above Scripture and create a personal letter from God. She said for me to read the Scripture verse by verse and pull from them each promise God has made and turn it into an “I will” statement to me. 
I would love to share with you what I wrote and encourage you to place your name where I have written mine. The underlined portion is what I wrote from Scripture. 
My Child, Kathy
I will make sure all things work together for your good.
I will conform you to the likeness of Jesus.
I will always be for you.
I will call you, justify you and glorify you.
I will protect you ~ you will be more than a conqueror against foes
I will never forsake you ~ nothing will separate you from my love.
Love, God

When I read this...I can’t help but feel strengthen for what I am facing. These are promises from God. These promises are as much for you as they are for me. 

We all face many trials and have experienced troubles that seem to last far too long...


It is good to remember that the Lord is not against you and He doesn’t just put up with you because He feels sorry for you either. He love you because He has chosen to love you. 





If God hadn't been for us —all together now, Israel, sing out!— 
   If God hadn't been for us 
      when everyone went against us, 
   We would have been swallowed alive 
      by their violent anger, 
   Swept away by the flood of rage, 
      drowned in the torrent; 
   We would have lost our lives 
      in the wild, raging water. 
  Oh, blessed be God! 
      He didn't go off and leave us. 
   He didn't abandon us defenseless, 
      helpless as a rabbit in a pack of snarling dogs. 
  We've flown free from their fangs, 
      free of their traps, free as a bird. 
   Their grip is broken; 
      we're free as a bird in flight. 
  God's strong name is our help, 
      the same God who made heaven and earth. Psalms 124 The Message
God is for us...He is always with us...and when He makes a promise...He keeps His promise!


Glory!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.