Monday, September 3, 2012

"In The Details"






"You comprehend my path...and are acquainted with all my ways.”
-Psalm 139:3
   

I love that about God....that He is into the details...not just the generalities of our lives!  
The Scriptures continually reminds me that God has an eye for detail...even knowing the precise number of hairs on each of our heads (Luke 12:7). 

We read in the Book of Psalms where David shares with us just how detail oriented God is. David writes that nothing is hidden from God's understanding...He knows everything about us...Psalm 139.
I use to wallow in the miseries of too many details...I could easily become overwhelmed by them if they came at me in number and especially if they seemed to come all at once!  

Yes, I prefer my life to be simple...with only a few manageable details needing my attention. But life isn’t like that...at least not all the time it isn't. 

So, I am learning to relinquish whatever faith I am placing in my own strength, abilities, and outcome...and replacing it instead with an unswerving faith in the One who holds all of creation in His hands....including all the intricate details of my life! 


It is good to be reminded that God is not overwhelmed or discouraged about the current circumstances in my life...or in yours either. His eyes are always on us. Amazingly...we have even captured His heart! 

Take to heart this truth...no matter what is currently going on in your life...He loves you! How can you be certain of that love?  You can be certain, because He chose to reveal His love, not in words, but in blood...giving us the gift of eternal life through His Son Jesus Christ! 

If God loves us that much...will He not love us enough to sustain us in the midst of all the overwhelming details that life has you experiencing today? 



Trust Him in the details. He has a knack for covering them all...

Glory!

"God is ready to assume full responsibility for the life wholly yielded to Him."
- Andrew Murray


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.