Thursday, October 18, 2012

Living the Kind of Life Christ Lived.



During my quiet time this morning with the Lord, my heart spoke of the struggles I'm having with how increasingly "mean-spirited" people seem to be towards anyone who doesn't see things as they do. The cutting and biting remarks are easily spoken and shared on just about every news program and are tossed about freely even from a friend's Facebook page; without any regard as to whither their words are offending someone they actually consider to be a friend!


So, I asked the Lord to reveal to my heart what I am suppose to do with all of this meaness in the world. How should I respond when someone offends me or offends my values.  What kind of life am I called to live in a "mean" world ? 

In God's Word I found my answer....



I am not called to love others because they agree with me. I am to love even those who believe the exact opposite of what I do. 

I do not need to wonder why and worry about what others have said or done against me or my values. I need only be concerned with the word of my mouth, the thoughts of my heart, and my actions towards other to be a reflection of Christ. 

I have discover one of God's greatest blessings in this life. 

I don't have to live my life under the pressure of being someone who must try to please the fickleness of this ever changing world. I have found how to feel at peace with my enemies and can even endure the suffering of hardships with confidence in God's goodness, all because I have Jesus' love living in me. 

There is so much more to living a wonderful life than living it as if I am at the center of it all. The less I become…the more of Christ becomes who I am... and the greater my contentment. The greater my contentment in Christ...the more often I get a glimpse of Jesus and can share His presence with others.

Glory! 
Kathy

   "This is the kind of life you’ve been invited into, the kind of life Christ lived. He suffered everything that came his way so you would know that it could be done, and also know how to do it, step-by-step.

He never did one thing wrong,
Not once said anything amiss.

They called him every name in the book and he said nothing back. He suffered in silence, content to let God set things right. He used his servant body to carry our sins to the Cross so we could be rid of sin, free to live the right way. His wounds became your healing. You were lost sheep with no idea who you were or where you were going. Now you’re named and kept for good by the Shepherd of your souls." ~ 1 Peter 2:21-25  The Message (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.