Friday, November 30, 2012

When Love Touches God...


"There is an essential connection between experiencing God, loving God, and trusting God. You will trust God only as much as you love Him, and you will love Him to the extent you have touched Him, rather than He has touched you." ~ Bernard Manning


When I read the above quote...I had to "sit" on it for a while in order to grasp how my love enables me to "touch God".  Oh...I can understand how my trust in God is related to his love for me and mine for Him...but I never considered before today how the extent of my love for God... is what allows my love to touch Him. 

So how does my love touch God? 



I think it happens every time I approach Him with my heart, spirit and soul fully in love with Him. It happens when I admire Him... enjoy Him...delight in Him. 

The very nature of God requires love...and so it is in my experiencing a pure love for God that allows me to touch Him. 

Amazing...when I have touched God...His love consumes me and my love for God connects my trusting in Him...completely.

I love the image of me so in love, belonging only to the Beloved...reaching out and touching Him. I think God loves it even more!  - Glory! 



"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength." - Deuteronomy 6:5 NCV

Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.