Wednesday, March 30, 2011

TRY AGAIN

Romans 5:1-5                                                                                                             Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
“Easy to Assemble”... that’s what the box said in bold print, so I bought it over another brand that didn’t claim the same. There was no mention in that bold lettering about the bag of tiny parts I found inside which required me to find a pair of glasses strong enough to see what they were...let alone know how to use them as they were designed to be! 
Yikes! When will I ever learn... “Nothing’s easy”... especially when it’s unfamiliar...and especially when it requires me to try the same thing more than once or twice to accomplish it. I’m really drawn to “easy”... I think most people are. 
The truth is; I like easy so much that I too often set myself up for disappointment and even failure when I open those boxes of challenging situations or difficult relationships. As it sits in my lap, I see that small bag of “parts that must be used” and moan as I realize I must “put on my stronger glasses” and pursue what God has for me in it. 
I have found “easy” is not always best... and “best” is not very often easy! Yet... what great peace and comfort I have discovered when I respond to life’s trials with the desire to “assemble” all the pieces that I have been handed with the guidance of God’s Word. I know I can trust that the finished product (me) will one day be completed. Glory!
So... if you are facing one struggle after another and your feeling tired and even overwhelmed by what you are being asked to do...try again...and also try responding as Peter did to Jesus after a long night of casting nets and catching no fish... 

Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.” Luke 5:5 (Emphasis mine)

Giving God my best in a situation or relationship doesn’t always produce the results I was expecting. Most often... I get so much more than I ever dreamed.

When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats... Luke 6-7a
Praying you have a “boat-load” of encouragement from knowing that there is no shame in God’s mercy and grace as He leads us to “Try Again”...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.