Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Divine Strength

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God. ~ 2 Corinthians 3:5



Have you noticed that children don't hesitate to ask for help? They quickly realize when they do not possess the necessary or adequate ability to fix or solve a problem and will without hesitation cry out; 

“Daddy...mommy...please help me!”  As adults we often hesitant to ask for help...we will try “anything and everything” on our own first until we run out of options and have to look beyond ourselves. Our hesitation and resistance usually comes from pride. 

I’ve discovered to make progress in my spiritual life, I have to accept the realities of my inadequacy and also hold onto a willingness to ask God for help. The Bible says God is our Abba (the Aramaic word for "daddy") and He is always ready to hear His children's requests for help (Romans 8:15; Galatians 4:6). 
So, here’s something to consider the next time you find yourself “in over your head”. Only power in weakness is Divine and is sure to keep its divinity where it belongs...with God, not the vessel.
Thank you Lord for being my strength and revealing your divine power found in the midst of my insufficiency and weaknesses whenever I call upon the precious name of Jesus. Your love never fails. 
“If we were made sufficient in all things, we wouldn't need God's sufficiency.”  ~ David Jeremiah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.