Saturday, December 29, 2012

Beginning of the Year Until the End.



“The land you are going to take is not like Egypt, where you were. There you had to plant your seed and water it, like a vegetable garden, by using your feet. 

But the land that you will soon cross the Jordan River to take is a land of hills and valleys, a land that drinks rain from heaven. 

It is a land the Lord your God cares for. His eyes are on it continually, and he watches it from the beginning of the year to the end." - Deuteronomy 11:10-12

Well...here we are...we have come to the end of another year and we have reached the threshold of a new year...a new period in time. As I look back over the past 12 months I see a year filled with days that held some tough struggles and days that brought me a few troubles. I also see lots of precious days shared with friends and family that brought laughter and cheer...as well as tears. It's been a busy year.

As I look ahead to the new year...I pray for God to give me the desire...to give me a heart... that anticipates all that He has planned to come. 

 After reading the above Scripture from Deuteronomy...I couldn't help but feel grateful for God's presence throughout this past year...and feel encouraged and hopeful in what God promises yet will be. 

Isn't it comforting to know, "God's eyes are continually upon us from the beginning of the year until the end?” (Deuteronomy 11:12)

This past year has been one of the hardest for so many people I know...perhaps its been a tough one for you too. There are some who will look back over this past year and say, “I have lost a mother." Another will say, "I have lost a friend." Yet another says "The divorce became final." "I lost my job and have too little money", says another. "I have been frustrated at work....underpaid and over worked." says still one more. 

While all these things are true...wouldn't it perhaps be better to look at the year altogether? View all the ups and the downs...recall not only the troubles but the joys too. As your thoughts scan the hills and the valleys of this year altogether...what would you then have to say about this year? 

I pray you will see as I do that God's love provided for your every need. "Surely goodness and mercy have followed me all the days of my life...” 

Instead of picking out all the bad days...and saying it was a bad year...step back and take a good look at the whole year...let the good days shine...and then judge between the things that differ so greatly from each other. Perhaps you will even recall God's mercy and goodness while in the midst of your troubles...making those "bad"days reflect the glimmer of God's grace in them. After you do this...what then will you say about the year? 

Me? I have this to say about my past year... "Bless the Lord! Oh, my soul, and all that is within me. He has done great things. Bless his holy name!"

If you want to know why my heart sings that all things have been well this past year......a year that has held some pretty hard days for me... it's because I trust that the eyes of the Lord have been upon me all the year.

 Those same loving eyes...they've been on you all year too.

                 Glory! 

Kathy 

  "O Lord, you examine me and know. 

You know when I sit down and when I get up;
even from far away you understand my motives.  

You carefully observe me when I travel or when I lie down to rest;
you are aware of everything I do.
  
Certainly my tongue does not frame a word
without you, O Lord, being thoroughly aware of it.
  
You squeeze me in from behind and in front;
you place your hand on me.
  
Your knowledge is beyond my comprehension;
it is so far beyond me, I am unable to fathom it.
  
Where can I go to escape your spirit?
Where can I flee to escape your presence?

 If I were to ascend to heaven, you would be there.
If I were to sprawl out in Sheol, there you would be.
  
If I were to fly away on the wings of the dawn,
and settle down on the other side of the sea,
   
even there your hand would guide me,
your right hand would grab hold of me.
   
If I were to say, “Certainly the darkness will cover me,
and the light will turn to night all around me,”
   
even the darkness is not too dark for you to see,
and the night is as bright as day;
darkness and light are the same to you."- Psalm 139:1-12




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.