Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blessed New Year!



“Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ..”  ~ Ephesians 1:3 The Message

To me...the first day of a new year is always a great starting point for beginning a new behavior...a new thought pattern...and to establish the starting point of both my short and long term goals. 
I like it when my ideas and goals are still “new”...or when something exciting and new is about to happen. I love the anticipation and excitement that “new” creates! 
When I am at the beginning of something “new” I’m usually eager to explore it’s hidden beauties and enthralled with all the exciting possibilities that being something “new” promises. I’m often inspired by the new challenges it brings into my life. 
I really, really like things “new”!
However..too often I find my excitement towards the “new”...gets old fast!  My new ideas and my new goals...all fall victim to the same problem a new year falls victim to...it ages
As “new” grows old...it becomes too familiar...and as it grows more familiar...I take for granted that it will still be here tomorrow to achieve or to leave behind...just another day...just another dream, having lost the excitement of being something new.
So...I leave these “old” ideas and goals unfinished and discarded...as my fickle heart begins to long once again...for something new!

I am sooo thankful that when God “laid down earth’s foundation, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love....” (Eph. 1:4). He doesn’t have a fickle heart like mine and leave the work He began in me unfinished! 
In fact...I think God sees each moment with “newness”...and that the passing of time has no negative influence at all in Him. God patiently leads us in the plans He has made for our lives.
He will complete the work He has begun in me...and in you...until it is completed. These plans include our adoption into his family...plans that bring us hope and a home. 
The Lord’s excitement and anticipation with each passing new year...new month...new day...new moment...only grows stronger...it will never wane or fail to succeed.
Is there any greater blessing than this promise? 
The New Year may not always be as “Happy” as we would desire...but the Christian is blessed in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 1:3) and can look forward to a “Blessed New Year” no matter what may come their way because we are blessed by God!
May I encourage you...during this new year, you may live nearer to Christ than you have ever done before. Depend upon Jesus, for it is when we think more of Christ...that we are able to think little of ourselves, little of our troubles, and little of the doubts and fears! We will see more clearly God at work in each moment, giving us a portion of His anticipation for the “newness” of each day....and the new days to come! 

“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had ceased to exist, and the sea existed no more. And I saw the holy city—the new Jerusalem—descending out of heaven from God, made ready like a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Look! The residence of God is among human beings. He will live among them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist any more—or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist.”
And the one seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new!” Then he said to me, “Write it down, because these words are reliable and true.” He also said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the one who is thirsty I will give water free of charge from the spring of the water of life.” ~  Revelation 21:1-6
Glory!
Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.