Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Corner to Corner...Covered!


"I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and honored. His long clothing spread out and filled the house of God." - Isaiah 6:1 

As I read this Scripture during my quiet time this morning I became overwhelmed as I envisioned the Lord on a throne, high and greatly honored. I imagined His kingly robe spread out and filling an entire house...His temple. 

I became overwhelmed with awe of how magnificent and beautiful this vision of God will one day be for my own eyes to see. 

As I gave thanks to God for sharing this promise of my seeing this very thing...I felt the Lord had something more He wanted me to be in awe of...to imagine and to envision about His all encompassing presence.

Is not my heart...my body...my entire being designed to be God's house? If I am God's house...than I can expect He is present and sitting high and honored on His throne! Yet..do I live as though I have His constant presence inside me...do I esteem and honor Him as King over me? 

Even more...do I realize that God's presence cannot be shoved into the small coves of my heart...or occupy only the empty spaces inside my soul? God's presence is far to great and it will surely spread out and fills this house...(me), corner to corner...leaving no space inside of me untouched by His grace...His mercy...His love! 



The Lord also gently reminded me of this...I have been given the Holy Spirit who lives in me. He will guide me and remind me to always treat God's house as divine and holy. The Lord wants me to have only His best...after all... I am the daughter of the King! 


“Or didn’t you realize that your body is a sacred place, the place of the Holy Spirit? Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? The physical part of you is not some piece of property belonging to the spiritual part of you. God owns the whole works. So let people see God in and through your body”. ~1 Corinthians 6:19-20 The Message
Glory!
Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.