Friday, January 25, 2013

Where Love Meets Me


"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  -Lamentations 3:22-23 

I’m so flawed. Sometimes...the only things I can see in me are what makes me unlovable. Yet...when my heart is downcast and I feel the most unworthy of God’s grace...His mercy...His love...I know that He has invited me to go humbly to His Word which never fails to lift my chin and pull my eyes up to gaze upon His glory. Sometimes, I even think I can hear Jesus sing over me just how much He loves me...

It will aways amaze me that as God looks upon me...He feels only love for me...a perfect love...a love that cannot be shaken or destroyed...a love that has so great a worth...it’s value cannot be measured. 

God desires for us to simply to be a people who are content to live close to Him. To renew each day our pursuit to live the kind of life in which the closeness to God is felt...experienced...and lived out! To live the abundant life God has planned for us under His wing of protection...that only His love for us can provide.


Song of Solomon 8:6-7  (NCV)
   Put me like a seal on your heart,
       like a seal on your arm. 
    Love is as strong as death; 
       jealousy is as strong as the grave. 
    Love bursts into flames 
       and burns like a hot fire.
   Even much water cannot put out the flame of love; 
       floods cannot drown love. 
    If a man offered everything in his house for love, 
       people would totally reject it.



Oh Lord,

You have set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm!  Love me, Lord and help me to understand how great Your love is for me. As your heart move towards me...let your arm move for me too. I need Your loving arms to surround me.

Thank you Lord that you think of me..and you have set me on your heart. Your love works on my behalf...it has sealed me to You.

Father..I feel there is nothing in me that can make you love me. Yet, I feel bold in my need to ask this very thing...please love me. Your love is so powerful that it finds its own fuel to burn...so love me with those coals of fire that burst into flames that nothing can put it out. 

And since floods of water cannot put out the flame of love you have for me...make it evident in me I ask; for there are many waters of sin in me... Lord, help me to believe that your love is not washed away by them. 

To you Lord, I give myself completely...take me and make me what you would have me to be...keep me safe in your love...even to my last breath. 

I love you Jesus, there is nothing I possess that has greater worth than Your love...there is nothing I more truly desire than to be with you forever.  Amen  

What about you? Can you say with assurance that God “so” loves you (John 3:16, 1 John 4:11)? Well He does! Our Omnipotent God loves His people with a love that is an all-conquering love...one which surpasses all knowledge and imagination (Romans 8:35-38).

Where you are...is where God's love will meet you. 

Glory!
Kathy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My life in Christ came a bit late in life.I grew up in a Christian home and was baptized at age 9. I enjoyed a long career as a flight attendant (1973-2005). I met my husband Brad, in 1984 while living in Tampa Florida. At the time, we both were living a lifestyle that was not pleasing to the Lord. We married in 1986, but it wasn't until early 1992 that I knew the Lord was calling me to Him. God placed this same desire in my husband's heart. As Brad and I grew in faith, so did our desire to serve God in ministry. In late 2002 we moved to Virginia Beach where the Lord called Brad to serve as a Worship minister. In 6 short months, Brad was diagnosed with stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I found my greatest moments of weakness came when I placed my thoughts on all the things that could go wrong and allowed fear to take hold. We were given 5 more years to share together. God is faithful and to His glory I serve Him through writing devotionals and inspirational article for this blog as well as a published writer with the writing team of A Widow's Might ministry. Our Devotional Books are titled: "For The Love of Her Life". I am also an Inspirational Speaker.